I may never forgive my father-Yvonne Nelson

I may never forgive my father-Yvonne Nelson.

She told Nigeria’s Punch Newspaper that her father was never there for her and that her mom raised her alone, added that talking to her dad was like talking to a stranger on the street.
“My dad is like any other person out there because I didn’t have a chance to develop a relationship with him. We have each other’s phone numbers and he calls me when he feels like talking to me. It always feels like talking to a random person because there are absolutely no feelings whatsoever.”
Yvonne Nelson said she the absence of a relationship with her father may make it difficult for her to forgive him.
“Sometimes our society makes it hard for us to talk about things like this. But it’s my story and I don’t have any other way to say it and I don’t want to sugar-coat it. I don’t know, I may never. He was never a part of my life and it is quite unfortunate”.
The actress, however, paid glowing tribute to her mother for single-handedly raising her.
“My mother raised me single-handedly and she means the world to me. I am the last child and I have three siblings. She saw me through school and till date, she calls and checks up on me on a regular basis because she is concerned about my welfare. She is like my friend and I even call her ‘Charlie’, ” she added.

Comments